so, good news: the activity bar and mouse plugin and so on are all safe to use in beta 2. :)
Thanks to neoclust, the main crash bug was also fixed. yay! :) I was seeing a second crash, but it was very odd and I can’t reproduce it any more, so hopefully that means someone else fixed it ;)
As for multiscreen – there’s still one bug to fix there. oy, and it seems I have some screensaver maintenance to do… I don’t think either of those will be trivial fixes, but I’ll try and tackle them soon. I’ve been busy lately – for the next three months I’m working on odfkit. :) It’s nice, but takes away a *lot* of my kde hacking time.
Added to that, I also installed opensuse last week, so I didn’t really have a kde dev. environment until yesterday. I’m still having some weird problems with 4.4 apps getting all broken in a trunk environment (somehow /usr/share/kde4 is getting totally ignored no matter what I do, if my PATH has trunk stuff in it, and kmail can’t get the imap protocol even if I run it in a 4.4 environment) but other than that it’s been surprisingly smooth. :) There were minor issues, of course, but most were easy to resolve, and now I have compositing and other such shiny things. :) I just wish I could figure out how to import my Amarok collection from the old hard drive…